PREPARING FOR EASTER: LENT RESOURCES
Our team is challenging us as Crossroaders to prepare for Easter in an intentional way in this unusual 2021 Lent season. We are offering an Ash Wednesday Zoom gathering to mark the beginning of Lent as a season of reflection. We encourage each Crossroader to intentionally choose a spiritual practice to engage in each day for the 40 days from Febrary 17 through Easter. In addition to any of your own resources, Crossroads is providing:
- a daily meditation on all our social media accounts.
- printed resources to fill a jar with 40 slips of paper offering a short prayer-- one a day for each day of Lent:
This link for a bringing aspects of our brokenness under the grace of Jesus
EXTRA RESOURCES FOR GROWTH
As you grow in intentionality to make more room for God in your life and to embrace the spiritual rhythms that will nourish you in this season, check out these resources
- Sign up via this link for the subscription for RightNow media paid for by Crossroads.
- Enjoy the Crossroads Christmas greeting magazine with resources for both adults and kids to use all year round via this link.
- Download this daily devotional app from the 24/7 prayer movement called Lectio365 with Scripture meditation, with a missional, contemplative and artistic flavor.
- Praying for persecuted church!
BEATITUDES "UPSIDE-DOWN" SERIES RESOURCES
- The Dai Woolridge spoken word version of the Beatitudes can be found here via this link.
- A version of the Beatitudes with artwork and choral music with an African sound. Click here
- A intro video about being "pure in heart".
GOOD FRIDAY, EASTER AND "FOUR PORTRAITS OF JEUS" RESOURCES
"The Chosen" app: (available free from app stores) has a fresh dramatization of the ministry of Jesus and his disciples
"READING ROMANS BACKWARDS" RESOURCES
- The Bible Proect video overview of Romans 1-4.
- The Bible Project video Romans 5-16.
- A spoken word overview video from Spoken Gospel.
READING GROUP BOOK TITLES 2020 - 21
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World by John Mark Comer
- Link to the John Mark Comer speaking to get a better sense of who the author is.
- Link to workbook.
- Link to a series of discussion guides.
The Praying Life by Paul Miller (group reading finished)
A Walk through the Bible by Lesslie Newbiggin (group starting in March)
Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation by Ruth Haley Barton (contanct the office at email@example.com for details of starting date)
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It's Impossible to Be Spiritually Mature, While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero
WATCH OUR MOST RECENT ZOOM CHURCH ON YOUTUBE